Sunday, February 1, 2009

MAD RAD IS SUPER DOOOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEE

Last night Caelum and I ate Kiera's scrumptious lasagna and then vanned our way to Ballard, where we stopped at Sean and Sara's, where I gifted them the conch goose and we got to hear Sean's stories about how he used to try to "make his guinea pig's life more exciting" by arranging rodent zip-lines and the such.

Outside, the 1990's-era car alarm in Caelum's van malfunctioned, to the point where he had the car started and ready to drive, but the WEEEEOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEOOOOOOOing would not turn off, no matter how many times he pressed all the buttons on his key toggle. I have now renamed the van (previously dubbed "The American") "La Ambulancia," which is clearly HILARIOUS.

Then we went to pick up Angela and tried to find the Josephine, which is the least legit venue I have ever been to. It was like the Green House on J street in Sacramento, but you have to pay to get in. The space was filled to the brim with young, strapping hipsters - hipsters that were unlike the friendly Cap Hill hipsters. In fact, they reminded me of the cruel-spirited hipsters of Sacramento, especially how they snuck beer into the venue by tucking it into their ponchos and inside of their enormous hair.

The show was pretty great, especially Mad Rad. I was feeling feeble because my back hurt and I was so fatigued from all the arduous gardening I'd been doing all day. However, once we went for a walk and Caelum bought us some Beck's (while I shiftily sat outside on the lurking curb, feeling like I was 15 goddamn years old), I was able to enjoy the atmosphere and ward off the critical hipster eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I bought a "kiste" of Beck's the other day! The word sounds all nice and smoochy, but it's really just the German word for... well... twentybeersstuffedintoabox.

    ReplyDelete