Monday, November 23, 2009

I was collected information for a presentation I'm giving tomorrow in Senior Synth, and I was struck by an ad banner from the Church of Latter-Day Saints that said, "Remember when you knew who God was?" With a jolt, I did remember! When I was a little girl, there was no real question about it, I just knew my own intimacy with some presence and attributed it to the God that my mother believes in. Just after that moment, I received an e-mail from a fellow student who had this quote as part of her automatic e-mail signature:

"Life is really very beautiful, it is not the ugly thing that we have made of it; and you can appreciate its richness, its depth, its extraordinary loveliness only when you revolt against everything - organized religion, against tradition, against the present rotten society - so that you as a human being find out for yourself what is true. Not to imitate but to discover - that is education, is it not?"
- Krishnamurti

What an odd course of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment