Sunday, July 18, 2010

I had the opportunity to spend a few hours yesterday at the Microfarm. I put in a new bed, which I'm going to plant today before heading over to my friend, Sara's, to make plum jam from her plum trees.


          Here's the bed I dug. The soil was really dry, and it 
would have been better to wait until it was less so, but I was seizing the moment - I really want to get all of my space cultivated!



                These rhubarb plants looked really sad earlier this spring. They've thrived in the hotter weather. I made strawberry rhubarb crisp last night from some of these stalks. 


                      Here's my tomato/fennel/basil/pepper/eggplant bed.


               Squash are forming on my squash vines! I hope to have a profusion of them, so I can be like all those cool gardeners who thrust excess produce on their friends, saying wryly, "I am so SICK of [insert              name of whatever produce they're giving away]."

1 comment: