Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Feasting at A Caprice Kitchen for WOW

Yesterday, A Caprice Kitchen donated 10% of its proceeds to Tilth Producers in celebration of Washington Organic Week. C and I seized the opportunity to finally try out the restaurant, which is two blocks away from our house but a little pricey for casual dining. Since our anniversity is sometime in early September (no exact date has ever been pinpointed) PLUS it was for a good cause, it seemed like a perfect time to quench our curiosity about the place.

We were not disappointed. Holy moly, it was one of the best meals I’ve eaten in a while (and I eat a lot of delicious foods).  The food used at A Caprice Kitchen is primarily local, excepting (explained the waitress) salt and olive oil, which they source from California.

We had a local red wine, the name of which is escaping me now, then a toasty brioche with figgy jam, ham, and melty brie-like cheese, a carmelized onion pancake, lasagna, and, for dessert, a carmelized peach brioche bread pudding. Yes, sir.

As we were leaving, I caught a glimpse of Anne Catherine, the chef. And may I just say - she is a major cutie patootie, with her red shirt and her curly dark locks. 

I can’t wait until we have another great excuse to eat out at A Caprice Kitchen.  



No comments:

Post a Comment