Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My blogging enterprise took a hiatus during my time at Blue Heron Farm because a) I didn’t have access to the internet, and b) I started doubting the value of blogging in general. I usually view it as a great exercise because it forces me to organize my thoughts about what I’m doing in a way that is accessible to others. I usually think more deeply about what I’m doing when I’m trying to describe it to someone other than myself. During my time on the farm it didn’t feel right to publicize it, I don’t know why. But here I am, back on the internet a lot, feeling like I can check in with y’all.

I hurt my back on the farm, just as I feared. It didn’t get better and then my boyfriend decided to take an internship in Sacramento, CA, my hometown, so I left the farm early to accompany him and get some medical attention for my back.

We’re living with my folks until we get our feet on the ground – a.k.a. until I get a job. So far, the job search is looking bleak but coming home has been wonderful. I’ve been visiting with all kinds of people that I have missed for the five years I lived in Seattle. I’ve been getting to know Sacramento as an adult, which is something I’ve been longing to do ever since I left.

It was sad to leave Seattle. We have so many good friends there, three of whom are pregnant. In a lot of ways, Seattle feels more like home than Sacramento does. But this is a good move for us, and we can always visit or even move back if we don’t find a niche here.

So, there’s your update. Since I’m job hunting and spending a lot of time effing around on the internet, I might just be putting stuff up here so I can remember that I found it. Maybe it will be interesting for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment