Sunday, December 11, 2011

Showering with Meat Loaf


According to USGS, 2.5 gallons of water are used every minute the average shower is running. Have you noticed that it’s really hard to tell how long one has been in the shower? It’s like a time warp for me, a brief black-out. I decided to do a little experiment to gauge how long I’m bathing. And what gauge, you might ask, did I decide to use?

Music! And not just any music, but my favorite music of all time – MEAT LOAF. I challenged myself to a five-minute shower, and the song closest to five minutes long on the Bat Out of Hell album happens to be Track 2: “You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night).”* I was setting myself up for an awesome bathing experience.


I did so well. By the time the intro was over (On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? Will he offer me his mouth? Yes. Will he offer me his teeth? Yes. Will he offer me his jaws? Yes. Will he offer me his hunger? Yes. Again: Will he offer me his hunger? Yes. And will he starve without me? Yes. And does he love me? Yes. Yes. On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? Yes. I bet you say that to all the boys.), I was already washing the shampoo out of my hair. I actually turned the water off a full forty-five seconds before the end of the song, which afforded me the pleasure of drying out my hair to the clapping breakdown until the fadeout.

Showering to Meat Loaf songs as a means of keeping track of water usage is environmentally responsible, saves money, and gives you a needed dose of incredible power rock piano music from the 80’s. You cannot lose.

*This is an amazing music video. I highly suggest you view it.

No comments:

Post a Comment