Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yesterday ended up being great, starting with my visit to Seattle Tilth. We harvested tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers, basil, eggplant, beans, zucchini, and lemon cucumber (which are spiny! Who knew?). It was extremely gratifying, and they even gave me some tomatillos, a tomato, a zucchini, and a sprig of basil.

I cooked it up when I went to see Colleen (!!!!!), who is freshly yet temporarily back in town. I just threw it all in a pot with olive oil, cornmeal, and salt and pepper. 'Twas the bomb diggity.

Last night, Caelum and I went to square dancing at the Tractor Tavern. We got there a half hour after it started, so the first crew of dancers were on the floor, getting lessons on following the caller. It was total mayhem - no one knew what they were doing at all. We even ran into Caelum's friend, Gabe Strand, who was manning a bake sale, benefiting a big huge square dance that will take place in Capitol Hill later this year. His group is called the Seattle Subversive Square-Dancing Society. An excellent title!

Fortunately, square dancing happens at the Tractor Tavern every other week, so we can soon return.

No comments:

Post a Comment