Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Caelum and I found a new place to live yesterday! It is in a big house betwixt Wallingford and the University District. The couple who showed it to is, Eili and Michael, just joined the household and are taking over as the lease-holders. The house has been used as a big party house, so it's pretty funky and dirty right now, but Eili and Michael moved in intending to fix it up and turn the household into a working community.

We have plans for growing food in the front and back yards. We're also going to turn the pre-existing henhouse into a duck abode. I've been researching good laying varieties, and have come across the  Campbell Khaki, the Magpie, the Welsh Harlequin,  and the Orpington.

Caelum and I are planning to live there only until June or July, but I'm hoping I can still be part of the household and continue gardening duties outside. We'll see how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment